Adding an Employee
An employee is a person being tracked by Labor Sync. Employees use devices to update the Labor Sync system with their current activity and location.
Log in to the Labor Sync website.
Click on the Employees Tab near the top left of the page.
Click the Add Employee button.
Enter the Employee's information:
- First and Last name are not unique and are used to refer to a person within the Labor Sync system.
- Email and Phone are optional information. These fields are strictly informational and do not affect the functions or performance of the system.
- Employee PIN is a six digit number unique to each employee which is used to log in on a mobile device. You may generate a new, unique PIN by pressing Generate PIN, or you may enter a PIN of your choosing.
- Time Zone should reflect the time zone where the employee is operating.
- Automatic Clock Out allows a personal automated clock out setting for each employee. This option must be enabled under account settings. You may read more about Automatic Clock-Out in our knowledge base article.
- Employee Notes provides an optional field for entering any additional information.
- Permissions can be granted to each employee to allow additional actions on the device:
- Add a job to your account using the mobile app.
- Employee crew - An employee may perform entries for other employees. The employees for which entries can be made are managed by clicking the Select Employee's Crew button that appears when the option is selected, then checking off employees.
- Click Add Employee.
Next Step: Adding a Job